Look like a bronzed goddess without worshipping the sun. Velvet fakes it
1. Minetan Workout Ready Illuminating Body Mist, £12.99, minetanbodyskin.com
Great formula if you are the active sort. The spritz formula body oil is easy to apply and has a touch of tan that leaves you golden. Cleverly formulated not to disappear or smudge when you sweat so work it baby.
2. St Tropez Whipped Marshmallow Tanning Mousse, £31, lookfantastic.com and Boots
The new go-to for fans of St Tropez, this light and sweet-smelling mousse delivers a convincing and streak-free tan that has none of the telltale stale biscuit odour. Reviews are as glowing as the tan.
3. B.tan Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That Pre-Shower Tanning Mousse, £12.99
Speed is the latest ingredient for bronzing and this beauty works in just nine minutes. The mousse appears rather green in tone but I didn’t look like Kermit, more Ursula Andress (in my dreams). Great for anyone in a hurry.
4. Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil, £18, The Body Shop
A hydrating oil that leaves a shimmer in its wake yet no greasy trail. If you want an instant golden touch this is your fella. Also wears well over a suntan adding an alluring sheen.
5. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster, £18, John Lewis, Grand Arcade, Cambridge, and Debenhams
One of my all-time favourites the booster can be dropped into a night cream or moisturiser to build a light tan on the face. It creates a healthy glow inviting you to ditch the foundation without looking too frightening.Do wash your hands after applying – I made that rookie mistake.
6. Elemis Tan Accelerator Natural Tan Booster, £26, at John Lewis, as above and Boots
Perfect skin prep and a little boost for spending time in the sun. The blend of shea butter, macadamia and jojoba oils and Tyrosine (an amino acid naturally present in the body used by skin cells to form melanin) moisturises skin in readiness for bronzing.
7. No 7 Match Made Bronzer, £12.50, Boots
Just the job to add a sun-kissed sheen to skin, the No 7 Match Made comes in three shades – golden sand, maple and caramel to suit all skin tones. Easy to blend and leaves a silky soft finish but (importantly) no sparkles which makes it more natural and good for contouring. Altogether rather lovely.